Bostic Veterinary Hospital offers the gold standard in pet wellness care for dogs and cats. We offer puppy and kitten wellness programs to get them started on the path to lifelong health. Additionally, we offer annual wellness visits for your adult pet, and bi-annually for your senior pet. Regular physical exams are a key component to maintaining the health of your pet. Our veterinary team works with you to create a customized pet wellness regimen for your pet. Your pet’s regular exam establishes baseline health characteristics, and assists in the early detection of health concerns.
During your pet’s wellness visit, we are available to answer any of your questions regarding your pet’s health—from behavior to nutrition. Our wellness exam is designed to catch early signs of pet health issues, and includes:
- Ears—Inspection of the ear canals and eardrums
- Eyes—Evaluation of your pet’s eyes and vision
- Teeth—Dental inspection including teeth and gums
- Internal—Palpation of the lymph nodes and abdominal organs
- Heart—Evaluation of your pet’s heart and lungs
- Coat—Examination of the fur and skin
- Blood tests, as recommended
- Nutritional assessment and dietary review
- Fecal screening, as recommended
During the wellness exam, we will also review your pet’s age and lifestyle and recommend the appropriate vaccinations to maximize the disease protection vaccinations provide, without needless overvaccination. We recommend extra protection for puppies and kittens.
Some of the vaccines we may recommend include:
We recommend the following:
- Panleukopenia (distemper)